Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coming Together


I pulled out the picture of my grandmother holding back tears. I have only a few memories of her loving smile and teaching me to love life! I slept with a blankie she made me until it started to fall apart. Now years latter I sat across the country from all that I had known and loved, so far away from my friends and family. My mother had sent me a box with pictures from my grandmothers mission. For the first time in my life I realized the importance of remembering those who have lived before us. I now have these pictures hanging on my wall, they remind me that I am not alone, that others have walked through and experienced what I have and that I have angels all around me.
God has given us amazing resources so that we may learn of those who have passed on before us. He has done this so that we can learn from them and feel of their love. So that we can feel the spirit of Elijah, in this way God can turn the hearts of the children to their fathers (Malachi 4:6) I know that in this way God can save His children by reminding them of the promises He holds true to and the life we must live.
Find a story of one of your ancestors today! Read it! Learn from it! And watch the generations come together ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment