Thursday, November 14, 2013

As Thanksgiving Comes



Thanksgiving is coming up fast… and then it’s Christmas! It’s time that everyone is running around; finding presents, making plans, cleaning for family and has way more to do then they humanly can in one day! As we go around at lightning speed this holiday session let’s remember the meaning behind them. We’ll start with Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving was a celebration between the English men and the Indians to give thanks for a good harvest. For that day they were able to find peace. J
There’s so much that God has given us to be grateful for. Last night as I finished the dishes I remembered a poem my mother had on a plaque in our kitchen:
I’m thankful for dirty dishes,
They have a tale to tale,
While others may go hungry,
I’m eating very well,
I’ve got food and friends and family,
So I won’t make a fuse,
Yes, this stack of dirty dishes shows God’s been good to us.
At the start of this holiday session I am grateful for dirty dishes. They remind me that I have a great life full of food, friends and family J
What would you like to thank God for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment